Protein French Toast with P28 Caramel Turtle Spread
- Serves: 20 mins
- Serving size: 1 serving
- Calories: 196 calories
- Fat: 2.4
- Saturated fat: 1.5
- Carbohydrates: 27
- Sugar: 1
- Sodium: 266
- Fiber: 2
- Protein: 17
- Cholesterol: 10
- 2 slices (55g) of Walter Sugarfree Wheat Bread
- 45g of Egg Whites
- 10g of Vanilla Whey Protein
- Cinnamon to taste
- Vanilla extract
- 40ml Water
- 20g of P28 Foods Caramel Turtle Spread
- Combine the egg whites, vanilla whey protein, vanilla extract and cinnamon in a bowl.
- Whisk until well-incorporated.
- Poke small holes in the bread with a fork and soak it in the mixture.
- Turn it over, making sure that the bread is soaked through.
- Cook it on a pan over high heat with non-stick cooking spray like PAM.
- Cook it on high for 2 minutes on each side then turn the heat down to low-medium to fully cook the inside.
- It's done when the outside is slightly crisp and golden brown, and the inside is no longer wet from the egg whites.
- Cook the excess egg whites (if any).
Feel free to substitute the ingredients listed above with the following:
Egg Whites -> Whole Egg
Water -> Milk (Skim, Whole, Evaporated, Cashew, Almond Milk)
Vanilla Whey Protein -> Any other flavor
Walter Sugarfree Wheat Bread -> Regular White Bread, French Toast Bread, Wheat Bread, Whole Grain Bread
Feel free to print this recipe and try it out! Use the hashtag #fitmerecipes so we can repost!