High Protein P28 Chocolate Coconut Pancakes with Caramel Turtle Spread
- Serves: 15 mins
- Serving size: 1 serving
- Calories: 337
- Fat: 12.1
- Saturated fat: 5.1
- Sugar: 5.5
- Sodium: 595
- Protein: 25.8
- Cholesterol: 7.5
- 67.5 grams of P28 Chocolate Coconut Pancake mix
- 15 grams of P28 Caramel Turtle Spread
- Combine the pancake mix and enough water to form a batter, in a bowl.
- Whisk the ingredients until the batter is slightly runny.
- Heat a non-stick pan and put the flame to medium.
- Use a ladle to measure batter into even servings.
- Gently pour the batter on the center of the pan.
- Let one side cook until you see small bubbles appearing on the uncooked side.
- Once more bubbles appear, flip the pancake and cook for another minute.
- Spread 15 grams of P28 Caramel Turtle spread on the tops of your pancakes.
You can substitute the water in this recipe for egg whites to add even more protein. However, this can result in thinner, less fluffy pancakes.
A cooking spray like Pam, cooking oil, or butter can be used on pans that aren't non-stick.
Protein pancakes are a great way to experiment with your whey protein or casein. We’re not huge fans of making shakes especially when cutting or prepping because liquids are not satiating enough. Rather than drink our calories, we try to make something out of it by adding it to pancake mixes, putting it in baked goods or sandwiches, etc.