5 Signs That the Universe Doesn’t Want You to Start Dieting… Yet
1. When you’re about to start dieting but you get invited to eat at a buffet and you can’t say no.
2. It’s someone’s birthday, and it would be rude not to have a slice of cake.
3. You go to the grocery to buy all your healthy food supplies but blueberries are more expensive than all the other foods combined.
4. You get inspired by detox results and try to make your own detox juice but it ends up looking and tasting like crap.
5. You hit your macros perfectly with breakfast, lunch and dinner…then your family decides to order pizza.
…or is it?
There are ways to overcome causes of delay and/or barriers that stand in the way between you and achieving a leaner physique. If you’re transitioning from maintenance/bulking and want to start dieting but you’re having trouble doing so, here are some tips:
1.Save up some macros to “spend” at the buffet
Have lighter meals leading up to your buffet meal so you have more allowance in your macros. Salads with lean proteins like chicken breast and egg whites, are great for this. Also, try to get in a workout session beforehand so that the excess calories can help with growth and recovery, at least.
2. Fit a slice of cake into your macros and call it a day.
Sometimes life happens, and when you get served cake, it might be better to just have it. Don’t sweat the small things! Unless you’re on extremely low calories, a slice of cake won’t make or break you. If you can, give yourself an allowance of macros to accommodate a generous slice of cake. That way, even if you have a smaller slice, you’re sure to be on track or even slightly under your macros.
3. Blueberries can be expensive. Opt for other berries such as strawberries instead.
Strawberries tend to be slightly more affordable than blueberries. There are frozen berry medleys at S&R, Merkado and Shopwise supermarkets as well. Frozen berries are typically cheaper than fresh berries, but they’re usually imported from the U.S.. Feel free to have other fruits as well if berries are too expensive or are just not your type. Just because berries are more photogenic and IG-able doesn’t mean they’re the only fruits you can/should eat.
4. Leave juicing to the professionals, or looks up recipes online.
Juicing can be tricky because certain combinations can have a laxative effect. Also, if taste matters to you, you’re going to want to incorporate a piece of fruit or two. Lemons, grapes and apples are great for adding flavor and sweetness.
5. Not an ideal scenario, but why exclude yourself from pizza night with the fam?
Macros are important, but so are pizza nights with the family. If you’ve already hit your macros for the day, you can still have pizza. Just try to slightly reduce your calories the next day to compensate for the excess. Or, you could just not care about going over your macros slightly for one night. That’s okay, too.
Please share if you found this article helpful!